(application deadlines shown in parentheses)
- Chrysalis Scholarship - Amount varies up to $2,000 (March 31)
(a PDF version is also available)
- The Chrysalis Scholarship provides degree-completion funding for women geoscience graduate students whose education has been significantly interrupted by life circumstances. The awards are intended to cover costs associated with completion of her thesis/dissertation, beyond what is traditionally covered by primary research funding. Such costs can include drafting expenses, child-care, defense travel, late-stage research and analyses, or anything necessary to assist a degree candidate during those critical, final days.
- AWG Minority Scholarship - Amount varies up to $6,000 (June 30)
- This scholarship encourages young minority women to pursue an education and later a career in the geosciences. It provides financial aid and matches the student with a mentor in the same field who will offer guidance and support. This exchange will enhance the studentís experience and provide a view of the world ahead.
- AWG Winifred Goldring Award - one-year membership to the Paleontological Society and AWG (October 20)
- Applicants may be either undergraduate or graduate students; the recipient must be enrolled as a student during the period of the award, and proof of student status is required.
- AWG Crawford Field Camp Scholarships - Two $500 awards (February 16)
- These scholarships will be awarded to promising women students who will be attending field camp during the summer months.
- Lone Star Rising Career Scholarship - Up to $3,000 (October 31)
- The AWG Lone Star Rising Career Scholarship provides professional development funding for women geoscience professionals seeking to resume their geoscience careers after having been out of the work force or women geoscience students seeking to enter the workforce in a geoscience-related field within the next two years.
- Janet Cullen Tanaka Scholarship - $1,500 (December 15)
- The Pacific Northwest Chapter offers the Janet Cullen Tanaka scholarship each year to an undergraduate woman committed to completing a Bachelor's Degree and pursuing a career in the geosciences. Eligible canditates are sophomore, junior, or senior women enrolled in a university or two-year college in Oregon or Washington State.
- Susan Ekdale Memorial Field Camp Scholarship - $2,000 (March)
- The scholarship, offered by the Salt Lake Chapter of AWG, is available to a woman geoscience student attending college or university in Utah, who must attend field camp this summer as part of her graduation requirements. Also see details on the Salt Lake Chapter Student Research Scholarship and the Outstanting Student Award.
- Osage Chapter Scholarship (April 1)
- Invites applications from undergraduate women pursuing independent research in geosciences for merit based research grants up to $500