AWG Brunton Award
Click here for the current Flyer. Applications are due by November 15th.
The AWG Brunton Award promotes the future of field mapping and data acquisition for the upcoming generation of women geoscientists. It will go to a female geoscience student at the senior level or beginning their graduate studies who has been a summer intern, excelled at field camp, or performed field data collection that will lead to a senior or graduate thesis.
- The award is an engraved Brunton transit with stand and engraved plaque.
- AWG will sponsor a one-year membership in our organization.
- Application Deadline: Nov. 15 of each year
Criteria and Procedures
- Contribution of a senior thesis, graduate thesis, dissertation, summer internship, field camp or other type of project in which field work is an essential component.
- Future plans to continue in the geosciences, with fieldwork as an integral part of her graduate degree or career.
- Project results, quality of work, and capabilities of applicant that promote the fundamental value and need for field based studies within the profession.
The selection committee consists of three AWG members with varied and significant field experience, who want to maintain an interest in field data acquisition methodologies among geoscience students – our future professional geoscientists.Applications should be sent to:
Association for Women Geoscientists
(emailed transmittals are preferred)
Attn. Brunton Award
12000 N. Washington St., Suite 285
Thornton, Colorado 80241-3134
The award is funded by: